Make better decisions about career change using these books and resourcesRead More
Having the inclination to read books is a gift that keeps giving! Sadly, there are many who don't. For them, we've been trying to find interesting ways like infographics, and help them 'experience' great books and 'download' their wisdom.
Here are 6 of them.
Here at Choose To Thinq, books are what energy cells are to clocks: they make us tick. We love books and love helping people grow by getting them to consume and applying the wisdom from books. We are constantly stocking and restocking our library of books - this time, we are looking specifically at books that can help you work better. Can you help us? Then read on!
Some of the themes we are interested in getting books for, are:
- Practising Innovation and Building Innovation Culture
- Persuasive Communication
- Making Change Happen
- Being More Productive
- Making Better Decisions
You can also go beyond these topics and tell us some must-have books for our library. We will put up a list of books based on what you tell us, so go ahead!
We run the Firodia School Quiz League in Pune, India, which consists of 5 quizzes on different themes. Each quiz had a chief guest relevant to the theme of the quiz. For the customary thank-you-gift, instead of giving them bouquets, we gave them books as tokens of our gratitude! Each was linked to the quiz's theme - perhaps you'd like to read these books too? Consider these our recommendations!
- History and Heritage: Prajakta Panshikar, Dy. Director (Heritage), Janwani, Pune, was presented with "Amul's India", a quirky way to relive India's history through the iconic Amul ads.
- Sports: Rohan Pate, Founder of "Blades of Glory" cricket museum, was presented "Cricket's Strangest Matches"
- Science & Tech: Mohit Bhishikar, CIO, Persistent Systems was presented "The Upside of Irrationality" by Dan Ariely
- Travel & Geography: Umesh Zirpe, ace mountaineer, was presented with "A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush"
- Entertainment & Culture: Sonali Kulkarni, the National Award winning actress, was presented with a National Award winning book, "R. D. Burman - the Man, the Music"
TED Talks are one of our favourite ways to stay curious. We ran the Firodia School Quiz League in Pune, India, which consisted of 5 quizzes on different themes. Each quiz has a 30-45 min break between the written preliminary and the stage finals, and we made good use of it by playing some TED talks for participants to watch, learn from, enjoy, and be inspired. Here's our playlist:
Quiz 1: History and Heritage
The History of Our World in 18 Minutes - David Christian
Quiz 2: Sports
The rise of cricket, the rise of India - Harsha Bhogle
Quiz 3: Science & Technology
Optical illusions show how we see - Beau Lotto
Underwater Astonishments - David Gallo
Quiz 4: Travel & Geography
Magical houses, made of bamboo - Ellora Hardy
Quiz 5: Entertainment & Culture
My rise to yo-yo mastery - BLACK
Hack a banana, make a keyboard - Jay Silver