It’s been called the most complicated thing in the universe. The human brain has been the subject of scientific study for a long time, but in the last few decades, giant leaps in neuroscience have made it the start of a golden era in that area.
For those of us who like to think, it helps to get a quick primer to the brain. After all, our brain is the ultimate tool in keeping us relevant in the future.
Here are five books we recommend. We hope your brain enjoys them.
1. Brain Rules by John Medina
12 of the most basic rules of the brain. (Amazon)
2. Phantoms in the Brain by V.S.Ramachandran
Scientists learn a lot about the brain from studying patients with brain damage. A fascinating book about the curious case of phantom limbs and more. (Amazon)
3. The Tale of the Dueling Neurosurgeons by Sam Kean
Case studies from a time when you could only study the brain after a person's death. (Amazon)
4. The Leading Brain by Friederike Fabritius and Dr. Hans W. Hagemann
Ideas from neuroscience for use in managing and leading teams. (Amazon)
5. This is Your Brain on Music by Daniel Levitin
Why does music have such an effect on us? (Amazon)