We run the Firodia School Quiz League in Pune, India, which consists of 5 quizzes on different themes. Each quiz had a chief guest relevant to the theme of the quiz. For the customary thank-you-gift, instead of giving them bouquets, we gave them books as tokens of our gratitude! Each was linked to the quiz's theme - perhaps you'd like to read these books too? Consider these our recommendations!
- History and Heritage: Prajakta Panshikar, Dy. Director (Heritage), Janwani, Pune, was presented with "Amul's India", a quirky way to relive India's history through the iconic Amul ads.
- Sports: Rohan Pate, Founder of "Blades of Glory" cricket museum, was presented "Cricket's Strangest Matches"
- Science & Tech: Mohit Bhishikar, CIO, Persistent Systems was presented "The Upside of Irrationality" by Dan Ariely
- Travel & Geography: Umesh Zirpe, ace mountaineer, was presented with "A Short Walk in the Hindu Kush"
- Entertainment & Culture: Sonali Kulkarni, the National Award winning actress, was presented with a National Award winning book, "R. D. Burman - the Man, the Music"